Family of “kidnapped” Tadi girls attack Samuel Wills in court

0 89

Prime suspect in the four kidnapped Takoradi girls’ case, Samuel Willis was today, January 22, 2020, physically attacked in court by Mr. Bentum, father of Priscilla Bentum – one of the missing Takoradi girls who have now been declared dead by the police. Proceedings of the case continued today at the Sekondi High court presided over by Justice Hannah Taylor.

The two Nigerians who have been accused of conspiring to kidnap the girls Samuel Willis and John Orji were present in court amidst heavy security.

State attorney, Adelaide Kobiri-Woode in her plea asked the court to provide the state enough time to complete all the necessary investigations in the case to enable smooth trial. The court sustained the plea and adjourned the case to 5th February 2020.

Families of the girls who were in court to monitor proceedings were however disappointed with the slow pace at which the state is treating the case.  The disappointment could be read on their faces as they spoke to our reporter, Nana Yaw Kumi. According to them, the state seems to be protecting the suspects. An angry father of Priscilla Bentum, out of anger, attacked Samuel WillIs and held him by the neck of his shirt in the courtroom. It took the intervention of the heavy security presence to separate the two.

“We came to court today to observe proceedings, but we must say we are very disappointed the case was held in less than five minutes with an excuse that they need some more evidences. We came to court to meet someone who says he is our lawyer, we have not even met him before as a family nobody is communicating to us. We want the skeletal remains of our children so we can bury them in peace but if they think they are not dead, they should tell us where they are,” An angry Mr. Bentum told Skyy News after proceedings.

One of the sisters of Ruth Love Quayson, Nana Adwoa Quayson, also speaking out of anger retorted that God is watching the authorities handling this matter.

“It’s been over a month now, and they are still telling us they have not received the report on the new development. I don’t know what is happening, but they should know that, we are all travelers on this earth, and one day we will all go. so whatever they are doing to the family, if they think it is fair, it’s up to them god is watching us all,” Nana Adwoa indicated.

A dejected looking Mr. Korankye, father of Priscilla Korankye, fumed that he does not understand why the Authorities handling the case have till today not been able to even prepare their charge against the suspects. He questioned how they are only interested in adjourning anytime the case is called.

“How can I be happy about this. My daughter has been missing about a year and over, and instead of the state to take the case seriously, see what they are doing. How can you be adjourning a case always; what investigations at all are you doing? You have come to tell us our daughters are dead; and you have the killers in your hands, and up till now, you have not been able to prepare your charge. If it’s a propaganda to cover the case, let them go ahead. I trust God my daughter will come home one day, if only she is alive,” Mr Alexender Kojo Korankye, father of Priscilla Mantebea Koranchie noted.

The girls; Priscilla Blessing Bentum, 21, Priscilla Mantebea Koranchie, 18; Ruth Love Quayson 18, and Ruth Abeka were victims of a kidnapping and murder syndicate in the Takoradi. The police have since confirmed them dead.

You might also like
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.