Essikado Kuntum Festival 2022 time table
The Essikado Traditional Council has released the timetable for the annual traditional Kuntum Festival.
However, noise-making and drumming have been banned in the traditional areas since Sunday, July 10.
This is to prepare the community for their annual traditional festival.
According to the timetable, the festival will begin on Saturday, July 30th with a community cleaning and end on Saturday, 13th August 2022, with the finals of the inter-community soccer competition.
KUNTUM 2022 CALENDER
A) Traditional Celebration
• Sat 30th July – Community Cleaning
• Mon 1st Aug – Bonfire
• Tues 2nd Aug –
• Apa Twa (stool rites) + Corporate Visitation from 10 am
• Wed 3rd Aug – Earth Day
• Sprinkling of Etor at sacred sites
• Sat 6th Aug – Hooting at Kuntum Curfew @10pm for Asafo Rituals
• Sun 7th Aug – Thanksgiving Services
B) Masses Festival celebration
• Tues 9th Aug- Essikado Development Dialogue & Career Counseling
• Wed 10th Aug – Skills Fair and Free Service
• Fri 12th Aug – Essikado Kuntum Inter Community Soccer
• Sat 13th Aug – Finals of inter Community Soccer Competition
Also, In a press release from the Sekondi Metropolitan Assembly, noise levels are to be limited to the barest limit possible, the usual form of worship is to be confined to the premises of the church or mosque, funerals and burials in the traditional area are banned for the period, pounding of fufu after 6 pm is a taboo in the area, the positioning of loudspeakers outside the premises of churches, mosque and pubs are banned and roadside evangelists are to cease their activities during this period.
The affected communities are Essikado, Kojokrom, Eshiem, Enoe, European town, Ngyiresia, Mpeasem and Ntamakrom.