COVID-19: Six Key Conditions Travellers Ought To Satisfy When Coming To Ghana
All travellers who intends to visit Ghana are to be mindful of some six (6) key conditions. These conditions were detailed by the President H.E Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo in his 16th address to the nation on the COVID-19 pandemic.
The conditions are to be satisfied by any passenger prior to the visit and upon visit. It is to be strictly supervised by government’s agencies including the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Aviation, the Ghana Airport Company Limited and several others.
The Ministry of Information and other government agencies will tomorrow throw some light on these comdition but in the meantime, do reference the following six conditions that I consider prime from the President’s address;
1. Any passenger arriving in Ghana must be in possession of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result from an accredited laboratory in the country of origin. The test should have been done not more than seventy-two (72) hours before the scheduled departure from the country of origin. All airlines have been instructed to ensure compliance with this directive for all passengers wishing to travel to Ghana, and those airlines who fail in this regard will be duly sanctioned;
2. disembarking passengers must do so wearing face masks;
3. upon disembarking from the aeroplane, each passenger will undergo a mandatory COVID-19 test at the airport terminal, at a fee to be borne by the passenger. The test result will be available within thirty (30) minutes;
4. children under the ages of five (5) will not be required to undergo testing at the airport
5. passengers, who test positive for COVID-19, will be handled by the health authorities for further clinical assessment and management;
6. passengers, who test negative, can, thereupon, enter Ghana to go about their lawful activities, and will be advised to continue to observe COVID-19 safety precautions during their stay in Ghana.