COVID-19: Ghana’s case count now at 141.

0 144

Ghana has recorded four more cases of the novel Coronavirus. This was confirmed by the  Ghana Health Service (GHS) in its web updates.

The four new cases increase the country’s case count to 141, less than 24 hours after President Akufo-Addo announced partial lockdowns in parts of Greater Accra, Tema and Greater Kumasi.

The GHS says a total of 2,519 persons have been tested for coronavirus so far. 1,276 (50.7%) of persons tested were under mandatory quarantine with the remaining 1,243 (49.3%) from routine surveillance activities. Of the 2,519 persons tested so far, 141 have tested positive, representing 5.6%.

Also, 79 persons, representing 6.2% of the persons under mandatory quarantine, tested positive for the virus. Among the samples tested from routine surveillance, 62, representing 5.0%, tested positive.

The GHS in its update indicated that only three regions have recorded cases.

“Only three regions have so far reported cases- the Greater Accra, Ashanti and Upper West Regions from routine disease surveillance. One case has been confirmed in the Upper West Region.

“The Ashanti Region has recorded 7 of the 8 cases recorded outside the Greater Accra Region. All other 54 cases from routine surveillance were recorded in the Greater Accra Region,” it said.

You might also like
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.